Life has been crazy busy - can you relate? Sometimes it's hard to find time to workout and stay active. Lately I haven't had the time to stick to a full time workout plan, so here are 5 ways I've been trying to stay active daily
1. Including the dogs - my dogs need exercise everyday too so why not include them! Bear has really enjoyed heading out for a run here and there. It's nice to mix up our walking routine with a run.....plus he's very tiered afterward which means I can get more work done around the house while he naps.
2. Wear a step counter - I'm not a typical "fitbit" user...honestly I prefer Garmin products. I wear my Garmin step counter everyday, this helps motive me to try to aid for 8,000-10,000 steps per day. Sometimes when I'm on conference calls I will pace around my home office to get in a few more steps.
3. Park far away - when I'm out and about running errands I park far away from the door. This way I have to walk a little bit more - plus my car doesn't get dinged as much because there's no one else parked around me.
4. Workout during commercials - I feel like this is an oldie but a goodie. I've heard this says so much but it really works! Just even getting up and doing some squats, push ups, stretching .... just get moving during that 3min commercial break.
5. Schedule - working from home I find I don't take as many breaks as I should - so I schedule them. If it's in my schedule I'm more likely to follow through.
How do you stay active? Tell me your secrets in the comments below.