But we must be doing something right - we've been together for 10 years 7 months and we've been living together for 6 years. We've had our ups and downs during our relationship but he's my best friend and I feel LOVED by him everyday.
I am luck that I have a husband who is will to put work, attention and compromise into our relationship. It really takes 2 to make a relationship work! We are a team - together we work on building our relationship.
Everyone says that after you get married romance dies. I don't know where that saying comes from because our relationship after marriage has never been better! I LOVE the fact that I'm with my best friend everyday and we have such an amazing life together.
We work everyday on our relationship and we like to find little ways on showing our appreciation and LOVE for each other. I don't typically share or give a lot of relationship advice but I thought I would share these little tips. It's nothing difficult to do and we LOVE doing these little things in our household just to keep the romance/LOVE alive. Here are 30 ways to show LOVE!
1. Pick them up a treat on your way home. We love doing random things for each other and it doesn't even have to be a big treat. Sometimes just a surprise coffee is a nice.
2. Put your phone down! Put it down and far away, get in some face to face time with your significant other and talk.
3. Learn to care about what they like. Take an interest in your significant other and what THEY like. It's not always about you.
4. Sit next to them as often as possible. We are those people that sit on the couch and just be together. We might not be talking or doing the same thing but it's just nice to be together as often as possible.
5. Keep the conversation about finances open. I think this is SO important. I've heard that one of the most common relationship fights is about money. Keep the conversation ongoing and open about money. Don't get mad about spending, just keep your spending within your means.
6. Say THANK YOU. Even when they do something small like vacuuming the house or unloading the dishwasher. Say Thank You and really mean it...trust me if you thank them for the small things they are more likely to do it again
7. When your signification other is working hard tell them you're proud of them. It's really nice to have your efforts recognized .
8. Get up to fed your pets so your significant other can sleep in (I don't have kids but this goes for kids as well).
9. Get ready even if you're just hanging around the house with them. I'm not saying you have to do this all the time but it's nice to get out of your sweatpants and do your hair/makeup and look nice just for them.
10. Do something around that house that isn't your normal "job".
11. Hold their hand when you're out in public. I'm not saying you have to go overboard on the PDA but show them some affection.
12. Send them an unexpected message saying "I love you", "Just wanted to say Hi", "thinking of you", ect
13. Don't be afraid to apologize and admit you are wrong. This is a tough one for me because I'm always right...but sometimes I have to swallow my pride and admit to being wrong.
14. Even when you live together date night is important. You don't always have to go out and spend a bunch of money. Cook for each other and have a movie night is a great way to spend time together.
15. Stick up for your significant other's actions and opinions. Be on their side...you're a team!
16. Give them a bit of your meal.
17. Ask them about a dream or goal they want to achieve.
18. Back rubs/foot rubs are always a good idea.
19. When you have a day off and your significant other has to work, go meet them for lunch or bring them a coffee.
20. Visit and talk while you are doing chores. We are constantly chatting when we're cleaning up the house or if he's in the garage working I'll put on my coat and sit in the garage for a chat.
21. Smile when they look at you.
22. Wash their car for them.
23. Slow dance in the kitchen...even if there's no music.
24. Make them something meaningful. A photo book, special mix CD, ect
25. I know we live in a world of technology but hand written letters are still nice. When I went to Europe for 30 days I left 30 notes for my significant other to read. He also got a special hand written note on our wedding day. He loves and keeps every single letter I've written him.
26. Look back at old photos together and reminisce.
27. Share a significant or memorable moment in your relationship "Remember when...". It's funny because sometime you will both remember different events in you're relationship that the other one may have forgotten.
28. Put their needs ahead of your own as often as you can manage it.
29. Kiss them good-bye before you leave the house AND hello when you get home.
30. Remember to say I LOVE YOU everyday. It doesn't matter how long you've been together....it's still nice to hear.
Remember, a relationship takes 2. I do these things for my husband and he does the for me. Share this with your significant other and give some of these tips a try! At first it might seem like a lot of work but trust me - put some work into your relationship and you'll see it pay off. We've made a habit out of all these small things, now it's just second nature and we enjoy showing each other our LOVE.
What are some of your favorite ways to show LOVE? Please share in the comments below.